What Are the Five Things You Need in a Rehab Center?August 9, 2017 - Rehab - 0 Comments
So you are going to enter a women’s treatment center. You can’t really be expected to bring all your things, can you? Admittedly, this is going to be very difficult for the patient. How can you reduce your belongings and valuables, which you have been collecting all your life, into five things?
Sadly, this process is necessary. For one thing, a women’s rehab center typically provides for all your needs while you are undergoing detox or treatment. Bringing more than necessary would already count as a distraction. You may love your Xbox, but do you really think that smuggling the gadget into the center will help you in your recovery?
Rehab centers actually have strict regulations on what the patients may bring inside. All your bags will be inspected and banned items will be confiscated. But don’t worry – you will learn the rules and regulations during the orientation process. You will also be provided with a checklist before checking yourself in.
Things to Bring to a Women’s Addiction Treatment Center
- Prescription medicines – If you are currently on prescription drugs, you will have to bring the doctor’s prescription to be shown to the center director or resident medical practitioner.
- Clothing for the duration of the program – Depending on how long your detox is, you will have to bring enough clothing to last the duration. Some centers do allow family members to bring in extra clothes, but others also do not. The clothes should be comfortable enough for the physical activities and therapy sessions. Generally, suggestive or pro-drug apparel is not permitted, ,and you are not allowed to show too much skin.
- Hygiene kit – It must be noted that some women’s rehab centers do have hygiene kits given out free as part of the package. But for the most part, the patients bring their own. You need your own toothbrush, hairbrush, toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner and bath soap. Makeup may be allowed but is strictly regulated.
- Favorite e books and journals – Centers recognize that solely focusing on therapy and detox can bore even the most patient of their clients. You are allowed to bring books but there are genres that may not be allowed. Typically, there are reading materials inside the women’s drug treatment center and you are encouraged to read those. Smartphones are tabletRs are normMally not allowed.
- Important documents – You should bring all the documents related to your treatment, your social security card, passport or driver’s license, and debit or credit cards. You can also bring your checkbook if you expect to pay a bill anytime while you are in treatment. You should also bring a small amount of cash. Also, as you are not allowed to bring your cell phone in women’s rehab centers, you need to write down a list the important people in your life. In the event of an emergency, you can use the facility’s phone to contact your loved ones with the express permission of the center.
For More Information Please Call Us at : 888-681-4601