8 Little Ways To Start Getting Prepared for Getting CleanJune 1, 2016 - Addiction, Addiction Treatment, Recovery - 0 Comments
Deciding that it is time to get clean is a great step toward living a healthier lifestyle. Yet, you may feel the need to make some preparations before you head off to treatment. As you begin to prepare for your new sober lifestyle, use these strategies to ensure you get off to the right start.
- Celebrate your decision by doing something sober. Spend time soaking up the sun, and just imagine the possibilities that lie ahead once you kick your addiction.
- Begin breaking away from negative influences. You can start by increasing your time away from certain friends, or just leave the group cold turkey. Either way, you will open up room for a more positive group of friends.
- Start building a support network by talking to sober family members and friends who are willing to help you as you begin your new lifestyle.
- List a few favorite hobbies that you may have let go of during the throes of addiction. Later, you will use this list to begin rebuilding your life.
- Explore the treatment programs that are available to you and find out how you will pay for them. If you need help, we can narrow down your list of choices to those that work best for your situation.
- Schedule an assessment with the program you prefer. During your assessment, ask about what you can do to be successful in treatment.
- Prepare for your stay by notifying anyone who may need to know about your absence, and pack your bags. If necessary, make arrangements for pet or child care while you are away.
- Leave for your treatment program while knowing that you have done everything you can to prepare for getting clean. Now, all you have to do is work through the program and learn what you can about how to live a sober lifestyle.
Taking the time to prepare to get clean will help you develop the right mindset for sobriety. However, it is also important to avoid putting too much pressure on yourself to be ready since treatment programs will always accept you no matter where you are on your journey. As you make the first moves toward getting clean, remember to take time out to congratulate yourself on making the best choice for your future.
We can help, call us today: 877-264-9942